Contact: Jean Christofferson
Catholic Charities Community Services
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
20th Annual Teen Maze will Teach Middle and High School Students about the Consequences of Life Choices
- Middle school and high school students from the quad-city region will get a much better understanding of the consequences of their life choices to help make better decisions at the three-day Teen Maze, organized by North Star Youth Partnership, a program of Catholic Charities, and the Yavapai County Community Health Services, Oct. 16-18.
- Started in 1999, participating teens use a life-size game board to go through a “maze” of stations where they learn how to make good choices without passing judgment.
- There is no registration fee.
- A nationally recognized project that focuses on a range of topics, teens are given a visual prompt to correspond with choices so when faced with the actual decision in life, they are strengthened to make an educated decision.
- Maze-station topics include Marijuana, Legal, Vaping, Alcohol, The Power of Kindness, Safe Dates/Dating Dangers, Positive Youth Development, STDs, Pregnancy, Anti-Bullying/Inclusion, Colleges and Careers, Sex Trafficking/Media and Nutrition.
- Wednesday through Friday, Oct. 16-18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day.
- Grace Sparkes Activity Center, 824 E. Gurley Street in Prescott
- Sponsors include Yavapai Regional Medical Center, APS and Prescott Sunrise Lions
- Call Kasey Shaver, North Star Youth Partnership at 928-708-7206.
ABOUT CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMUNITY SERVICES
Founded in 1933, Catholic Charities Community Services provides care for the vulnerable of all faiths in Central and Northern Arizona through programs in foster care, early education, affordable housing, veterans’ services, refugee resettlement, and homeless outreach. Learn more by visiting www.catholiccharitiesaz.org. Social connections include www.facebook.com/CatholicCharitiesAZ and twitter.com/CCArizona.
ABOUT NORTH STAR YOUTH PARTNERSHIP
Supporting parents and schools to engage teens, North Star Youth Partnership, a program of Catholic Charities, connects teens to community service projects, opportunities to lead and mentor youth, new sports and other projects to increase their confidence. During the past 20 years, North Star Youth Partnership has grown into 15 programs in three Arizona counties (Maricopa, Yavapai and Coconino) in partnerships with more than 100 schools and organizations. The thousands of teenagers and youth who participate in these programs are gaining confidence, a vision for their future and achieving goals. For more information, visit www.NorthStarYouth.org.